This is the current version of our Terms and Conditions and is in force. Updated March 2022.
You will be charged the total invoice amount 48 hours of expected check-in. You can pay via Mastercard, Visa, AMEX, JCB or China UnionPay. A 2.5% credit card fee applies. City Edge will send a booking confirmation to your nominated email address which should be presented on check in. City Edge does not accept cash or cheques.
Guests may be required to present a Mastercard or Visa card for up to $100 pre-authorisation on check in. This is standard international hotel practice and places a “hold” on your credit card, although your card issuer (i.e. your financial institution) does not actually release any money to City Edge. A pre-authorisation is not a charge. It validates the presented card, acts as a bond to cover (but not limited to) lost key/s or swipes, breakages, damages or excess cleaning and helps protect both the cardholder and City Edge from possible fraud. The pre-authorised amount is set aside by the card issuer on behalf of City Edge and is released up to 14 days after activation, depending on the issuer. Once a pre-authorisation has been made, City Edge cannot lower or release the authorised amount until check out. The pre-authorisation will affect your available funds balance or credit limit. City Edge recommends you check with your card issuer if you have any concerns about this system.
3. Cancellations and Refunds
Prior to 48 hours of expected check-in: You can cancel your reservation and you will be refunded in full less an administration fee of $25 or you can change the arrival date, subject to availability and the prevailing tariff.
Within 48 hours of expected check-in: No refund will be issued. You can change the arrival date for a period up to 12 months subject to availability and the prevailing tariff.
Note: the above cancellation and refund policies apply exclusively to bookings made directly with City Edge. Bookings made via Online Travel Agents (booking websites) or other travel agents may enforce their policies therefore superceding City Edge policies.
If you fail to check-in without notifying City Edge, you will not be refunded or be able to change the arrival date.
If after check-in you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the accommodation and decide to not commence your stay, the type and value of compensation, if any, will be at the discretion of City Edge.
Guests must present a driver’s licence or similar photographic ID to match the name on the presented credit card and booking confirmation. Exceptions can only be made by prior arrangement. Checkin is 2pm onwards. Early checkin from 12 noon can be pre-booked subject to availability. Checkins before 12 noon must pre-book the night before. Guests anticipating arrival outside of reception hours must contact City Edge during reception hours at least 2 days before arrival. A pre-authorisation (refer clause 2) may be applied to your credit card. Access instructions will then be emailed to you.
Checkout is 10am on the date of departure unless a late checkout has been pre-booked. Otherwise, if you checkout after 10am you may incur a charge at a rate of $30 per hour until 12 noon. Thereafter one night’s tariff will be incurred.
6. Group Bookings
A refundable deposit equal to 50% of the total cost is required to be paid direct to the City Edge bank account within 7 business days of issue of the booking confirmation. The balance must be paid in full 90 days prior to check in, upon which the deposit becomes non-refundable. The group coordinator on behalf of all guests in the group will be required to present a Mastercard or Visa card for a $500 pre-authorisation on check in, or make an alternative arrangement prior to check in. If the reservation is cancelled within 90 days of expected check in, or the group fails to check in, the total accommodation cost payment will not be refunded.
7. No Party Policy
City Edge properties are for guest accommodation use only. Visitors are welcome but must leave the premises by 11.00pm. City Edge enforces a zero tolerance policy on parties and gatherings. Failure to comply may result in eviction of offenders by police and a substantial penalty charge.
City Edge provides guests with quality WiFi. However, City Edge assumes no responsibility for any WiFi connection difficulties.
Descriptions of City Edge by its franchisees, staff or agents during the booking process are made as accurately as possible and in good faith but no responsibility or warranty for misdescription, fitness or suitability can be accepted. Individual apartments and rooms may differ slightly from images and floorplans depicted on this website. Maps on this website are supplied by a 3rd party and as such City Edge does not guarantee their accuracy.
- Guest/s shall be charged the replacement cost of any loss, theft or damage to keys, furniture, fixtures and all fittings in the apartment/s and associated common areas. Fair wear and tear excluded.
- City Edge staff reserve the right to warn, eject or call police to, as appropriate, unruly, vexatious or non/short paying guest/s and or visitor/s, and to take all reasonable actions at all times to ensure the security of the premises. Aggressive behaviour and abusive language by guests will not be tolerated.
- Guest/s shall comply with all reasonable requests, instructions or demands made by management. City Edge reserves the right to charge the guest/s for excess cleaning if deemed justified by management. Smoking (including vaping) is not permitted at any time anywhere indoors on City Edge properties.
- City Edge tariffs do not include payment of transport costs incurred by guests to or from its properties.
- The number of guests in the apartment/s at any one time shall not exceed the number of guests declared when booking or upon check-in. Should at any time the number of guests in the apartment/s exceed the number declared, City Edge reserves the right to (i) charge extra according to the additional number of guests or (ii) terminate the reservation immediately, without a refund.
- Apartments may be overbooked to minimize the effect of “no show” guests. City Edge makes every effort to honour confirmed reservations however no absolute guarantee of accommodation availability is given.
- In the unlikely event City Edge cannot provide booked accommodation, City Edge will undertake to relocate guests to alternative accommodation of equal or higher standard at no expense to the guest. Should there be no such available accommodation in the vicinity of the original booking, guests may be provided with accommodation of a lesser standard. If this is the case, any reduction in costs will be refunded to the guest. The alternative accommodation offered will be at the discretion of City Edge. Should the guest wish to choose accommodation of a standard other than that offered under this condition, the guest will be required to pay any difference in tariff between the City Edge recommended accommodation and their own preference.
- Guests may temporarily store luggage at reception during reception hours only at owners risk. City Edge does not offer porter services.
- Should the term of the stay be reduced, the guest/s agrees to be liable for the appropriate tariff at the discretion of management. It is the guests’ responsibility to obtain written confirmation from City Edge of any reduction or extension to the length of stay.
- Should the term of the stay be extended, the appropriate tariff will be at the discretion of management, and will be payable in full prior to the commencement of the extended stay. For ongoing stays, tariff payment must be made in full on a continuous basis one week in advance, otherwise the accommodation will be terminated.
- The person/s or entities registered as or on behalf of the guest/s agree to pay in full all tariffs, surcharges and other charges incurred during the stay at City Edge. In the event any of these terms are deemed illegal, invalid or unenforceable by any court of relevant jurisdiction, the remainder of these terms will continue in full force and effect.
- Pets are not permitted on the premises at any time without prior written permission by City Edge, assistance dogs excepted.
12. Consumer Law
- City Edge’s liability in respect of any loss of or damage to guests’ property is limited by the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012.
- To the extent permitted by the law, you agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless, City Edge and its officers, employees, contractors, sub-contractors/consultants and agents against, from and in respect of all costs, liabilities, claims, actions, proceedings, damages, judgements and losses of any kind whatsoever (including but not limited to consequential and economic losses, property loss/damage and damages for injury, including personal injury and death) arising out of, caused by, attributable to or resulting from your booking or your stay except to the extent such cost, liability, claim, action, proceeding, damage, judgement or loss arose out of, was caused by, attributable to or resulted from City Edge’s negligence, wrongful act/omission or breach of these terms and conditions.
- Each indemnity in these terms and conditions is a continuing and independent obligation and survives the termination or expiry of these terms and conditions.
All material on this website is protected by copyright. Except to the extent permitted by relevant copyright legislation, you must not use, copy, modify, transmit, store, publish or distribute any text, photos, floorplans, maps, graphic designs or other material on this website, or create any other material using material on this website, without obtaining written consent of City Edge.
The services, technology and processes used by this website may be the subject of other intellectual property rights owned by City Edge or by 3rd parties. No licence is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights other than as set out in these Terms. Use of this website must not in any way infringe on the intellectual property rights of any owner of those rights.
14. Trade Marks
The City Edge registered trade marks must not be used in any way without written consent. For the full list of trade marks go to Intellectual Property.
15. Force Majeure
If City Edge is unable to honour bookings due to a Delay Event i.e. circumstances beyond its reasonable control (natural disaster, declared State of Emergency or Disaster, strike, transportation delays, delays caused by government, epidemic, pandemic, war etc.), City Edge is excused from honouring bookings under Force Majeure while the Delay Event continues and will not be liable for the delay or failure to perform. City Edge will use all reasonable endeavours to overcome or mitigate the Delay Event to enable the performance of its obligations.
16. Complaint resolution
If you believe you have a legitimate complaint about any aspect of your experience with City Edge, we will genuinely try to rectify the issue for you. Complaints can be submitted to Guest Feedback. Verbal complaints cannot be accepted.
The use of the City Edge accommodation, services and website are conditional on the acceptance of the above Terms and Conditions. City Edge reserves the right to add, amend or delete these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice.